Acute Stroke Management in the First 24 hours bridges the clinical application gap by offering a practice-based approach to treating ischemic and hemorrhagic stroke. The comprehensive text, written by international experts in the field of stroke care, covers all aspects of stroke care, including review of stroke systems, clinic features, neuroimaging diagnostic characteristics, and pre-hospital care and challenges. Practical clinical studies in each chapter engage readers in the discussion of common diagnostic pitfalls and work challenges. Chapters also include detailed figures and management algorithms, making this book an easy-to-use reference guide ideal for first responders and clinicians working in emergency medicine, neurology, neurosurgery, and critical care.
Buy the book Acute Stroke Management in the First 24 Hours: A Practical Guide for Clinicians from Ideakart.com.
For 25 years Anaesthesia, Intensive Care and Perioperative Medicine A-Z has provided a comprehensive resource of the relevant aspects of pharmacology, physiology, anatomy, physics, statistics, medicine, surgery, general anaesthetic practice, intensive care, equipment, and the history of anaesthesia and intensive care.
Originally prepared as essential reading for candidates for the Fellowship of the Royal College of Anaesthetists and similar exams, this fully updated edition will also prove as invaluable as ever for all anaesthetists and critical care physicians, as well as operating department practitioners and specialist nurses.
- The alphabetical arrangement with extensive cross-referencing ensures a full understanding of topics.
- The succinct and clear text and diagrams?make for easy quick reference.
- The exam preparation checklist is ordered by key topics to facilitate effective revision.
- The contents are easily accessible with the accompanying ebook.
- There has been a substantial addition of new entries as well as revision of existing ones. This acknowledges the breadth of information needed to satisfy the range of activities performed by anaesthetic, intensive care, nursing and other colleagues, and also reflects the ever-changing field in which they all work.
- The consolidation of the role of anaesthetists as ‘perioperative physicians’ is reflected in additional entries of particular relevance and also by the enhanced title of the book.
- The structured ‘revision checklist’ of entries which is particularly useful to those preparing for examinations has been further developed for this edition.
The first step in the effective management of patients in pain is making the correct diagnosis . . . and how to diagnose pain is what Waldman’s Atlas of Common Pain Syndromes, 4th Edition is all about.
Written to help practitioners care for their patients in pain, this top-selling text provides complete, concise, step-by-step visual guidance to help simplify the diagnosis and management of over 130 common pain syndromes. The user friendly, easy to reference head-to-toe format gives the practitioner a concise description of each pain syndrome along with full-color art, drawings, clinical photographs, and a full range of radiological and ultrasound images that will help simplify making the correct diagnosis.
- Covers more than 130 common pain conditions with the concise information you need to make the correct diagnosis, making it a useful everyday reference in clinical practice.
- Using a consistent, easy to follow visual format, each chapter covers one common pain syndrome beginning with the correct ICD-10 code and containing a clear description of the signs and symptoms of each painful condition as well as the tests, differential diagnosis, clinical pearls, and the most up-to-date treatment options.
- Includes a “Side Effects and Complications” sections in every chapter that help you avoid potential pitfalls in diagnosis and treatment.
- Features thoroughly updated chapters throughout, keeping you up to date when treating the painful conditions you’re most likely to encounter.
- Includes 13 new chapters that give you the knowledge you need to diagnosis and treat these new common pain syndromes.
- Contains dozens of new clearly labeled illustrations, tables, and radiologic and ultrasound images that enhance this visually focused reference, helping you make the diagnosis.
- Expert ConsultT eBook version included with purchase. This enhanced eBook experience allows you to search all of the text, figures, and references from the book on a variety of devices.
This text provides a comprehensive, state-of-the art review of this field, and will serve as a valuable resource for clinicians, surgeons and researchers with an interest in surgical critical care. The book reviews up to date data regarding the management of common problems that arise in the Surgical Intensive Care Unit. The protocols, care bundles, guidelines and checklists that have been shown to improve process measures, and in certain circumstances, are discussed in detail. The text also discusses several well designed randomized prospective trials conducted recently that have altered the way we care for surgical patients with traumatic brain injury, hemorrhagic shock, acute respiratory distress syndrome, and sepsis. This book provides the practicing physician with a clinically oriented practical approach to handle basic and complex issues in the Surgical Intensive Care Unit.
This book aims to provide an overview of the basics of anesthesia for neurotrauma. It showcases how management of different neurotrauma cases may differ, especially those involving spine and or polytrauma. It provides quick and easy access to understand anesthesia for neurotrauma.
Buy the book Essentials of Anesthesia for Neurotrauma from Ideakart.com.
This new edition provides clinicians with the latest advances in the identification, diagnosis and management of acute and chronic pain conditions and syndromes. Beginning with an overview of pain evaluation, the next chapters explain acute and chronic pain. The following chapters examine different types of pain including cancer, thoracic, lower back, head and neck, and more. Each chapter has been fully revised and the third edition features many new topics, including a complete chapter dedicated to opioid pharmacology. Authored by recognised Texas-based experts in the field, the text is presented in a clear, algorithmic approach, enhanced by clinical photographs and figures. Key points Fully revised, third edition presenting latest advances in diagnosis and management pain Features many new topics including a chapter on opioid pharmacology Authored by recognised Texas-based experts in the field Previous edition (9780323019743) published in 2006
Buy the book Ramamurthy’s Decision Making in Pain Management: An Algorithmic Approach from Ideakart.com.
A practical, full-color guide with videos, Practical Perioperative Transesophageal Echocardiography, 2nd Edition, by Drs. David Sidebotham, Alan F. Merry, Malcolm E. Leggett, and Mark L. Edwards, will help improve your diagnosis and monitoring of perioperative cardiac patients. Reflecting five years of new research and clinical data in TEE, the book captures the latest developments in the field, and new chapters on epiaortic and 3D echocardiography, echocardiography in the ICU, and echocardiography for adult congenital heart disease have been added. The videos on DVD demonstrate normal and pathologic findings in real time. The result is an outstanding tool for certification preparation and clinical practice.
Essentials Of Local Anesthesia With Mcqs
You can buy the book from Ideakart.com.