Continuing with the ongoing improvements since the first edition, the approach in the sixth edition has been to incorporate the latest accounting standards, principles and practices in corporate financial reporting and analysis prevailing in India, which are in accordance with the international financial reporting standards and present them in a simple manner.
Features(1) the entire text has been revamped in accordance with the standards and principles laid down in IFRS converged Ind ASs, which focus on fair value measurement and Ind AS compliant schedule III, which is believed to be compatible with the international literature on the subject.
(2) Corporate cases have been replaced and added by their latest 2016-17 Annual Reports which are in accordance with the Ind ASs and Ind AS compliant schedule III.
(3) the number of real corporate cases has been increased from 53 to 76 with multiple reference points and large number of across industry sectors.
(4) Chapter 8 ‘Generally Accepted Accounting Principles’ renamed as ‘GAAPs and Fair Value Measurement’ with a discussion on the later to emphasize its crucial role.
(5) In particular, chapters 5, 13 and 14 have been rechristened and rewritten thoroughly.
(6) A large number of small, though comprehensive, illustrations and exercises for easier understanding have also been added. Most of these are based on real corporate cases relating to their latest 2016-17 Ind AS financial statements.
Table of Contents Part 1: the Foundation
Chapter 1 Measurement of Profit and Financial Position: I Business Transactions to
Recording in Journal
Chapter 2 Measurement of Profit and Financial Position: II Journal to Trial Balance
Chapter 3 Measurement of Profit and Financial Position: III Trial balance to Balance Sheet and Profit and Loss Account: Non-corporate Entities
Chapter 4 Measurement of Profit and Financial Position: IV Corporate Entities
Chapter 5 Vertical Financial Statements of Corporate Entities in Accordance with IFRS Converged Indian Accounting Standards (Ind AS) Schedule III
Chapter 6 Specific Day Books
Part 2: Concepts And Principles
Chapter 7 Conceptual Framework of Financial Statements in Accordance with Indian Accounting Standards (Ind As)
Chapter 8 GAAPs and Fair Value Measurement
Part 3: Asset Valuation
Chapter 9 Valuation of Tangible Fixed Assets
Chapter 10 Depreciation on Tangible Fixed Assets
Chapter 11 Valuation of Assets under Finance lease and Intangible Assets, Amortization and Asset Impairment
Chapter 12 Valuation of Inventories
Chapter 13 Financial Instruments: Financial Assets, Financial Liabilities and Investments
Part 4: Understanding the Annual Report
Chapter 14 Ind-AS Financial Statements of Reliance Industries Limited along with Significant Accounting Policies and Notes to Accounts
Chapter 15 Other Mandatory Financial Reports
Part 5: Financial Statement Analysis
Chapter 16 Quality of Earnings: Window Dressing, Creative Financial Practices and Issues Related to Quality of Disclosures in Reported Earnings
Chapter 17 Financial Statement Analysis and the Tool Kit of the Analyst: I Multi-step, Horizontal, Vertical and Trend Analyses
Chapter 18 Financial Statement Analysis and the Tool Kit of the Analyst: II Earnings Per Share (EPS) Analysis
Chapter 19 Financial Statement Analysis and the Tool Kit of the Analyst: III Ratio Analysis
Chapter 20 Construction and Analysis of Corporate Statement of Cash Flows
Chapter 21 Model for Strategic and Integrated Managerial Financial Analysis of Annual Report
Part 6: More On Financial Reporting And Analysis
Chapter 22 Analysis of Information from Sources Other than Annual Reports and Inter-company Comparison
Chapter 23 Analysis of Group Performance: Consolidated Financial Reporting
Chapter 24 Emerging Dimensions in Voluntary Financial Reporting: Contemporary Analytical Techniques.
Buy the book Financial Accounting for Management: An Analytical Perspective from Ideakart.com.